(With Mark Edwards at WUSTL, 2018)
Mark Edwards established the Washington University in St. Louis men’s basketball team as a perennial national power.
In my leadership conversation with Coach Edwards, he shared 7 keys to creating champions on and off the court:
1. Have a curious mind.
2. Never have a goal without a process.
3. Make consistency your focus.
4. The coach is the leader, but not the only leader.
5. Identify and nurture “Command Presence.”
6. Earn what you get.
7. Open a new set of motivators.